Reduced offer on Equine Facilitate Learning sessions until September!
To help families experiencing difficult times with covid, Empower Equine based in Littleborough are doing reduced cost equine facilitated learning (EFL) sessions.
EFL allows children to work hands on with horses to help empower your child and improve your child’s mental health and wellbeing. They will learn lots of skills, including:
• healthy ways to regulate and express their emotions.
• improve their confidence and self- esteem
• teamwork, interpersonal, communication and social skills
• ways to manage their mental health and improve their wellbeing
• developing coping strategies for situations they find difficult (e.g. school, social situations).
• healthy ways to channel their energy.
During sessions the children will get to do lots of different non riding activities with the horses including:
• walking the horses out on the moors
• teamwork exercises with horses combined with
body based awareness and exercises to empower the children to channel and understand their energy
We will work on ways to help your child transfer the skills used to everyday life, including home, school and other social situations.
Meet Sarah Birraine!
Sarah is a qualified LEAP equine practicioner (a leading EFL training facility) and is trauma informed and experienced working with children with SEMH needs, mental health needs, attachment needs, FADS, ADHD, ASD and children who are adopted or fostered and/ or that have experienced trauma.
On a recent funded programme, we found an overall improvement in behaviour and wellbeing in 80% of the children taking part.
• £60 a child for a 1 to 1 session for an hour (reduced from £80).
• £30 a child for an hour paired session (2 children one practitioner) (reduced from £50 a child)
If you want to do the paired session, but don’t have a second child in mind, please contact Sarah and she will be able to pair up children together.
Any questions or to make a booking, contact Sarah on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07887810035. Brochures and additional information can be provided.